Panel[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Iso Kronus's Exhaust makes it so it fires only once every two turns. When a player chooses to synchronize all their Iso Kronus to have them fire together, the turns where they don't attack are referred to as Iso Kronus off turns.
Iso Kronus is similar to Gauss Cannon in that it provides an average of 1 damage per turn. Iso Kronus costs 1gold less, but every odd point of damage is delayed by one turn. It is also like a Tarsier that costs 1 instead of for getting every second attack 1 turn early, thus not being very efficient nonetheless.
A common strategy when going for Iso Kronus is to synchronize them and buy no other attackers so you deal damage only every other turn, reducing your opponent's absorb and increasing your burst attack. This technique has drawbacks though.
Even if you are also buying other attackers that are not compatible with that strategy, synchronizing your Iso Kronuses is still more efficient than buying un-synced Iso Kronuses, since the maximum attack is higher. This strategy works especially well if the set contains other units with the same Exhaust (such as Immolite).
Combos[edit | edit source]
Fully synchronized Iso Kronus strategies are usually only good if there is something good to buy on the off turns with your green, preferably something bursty. Examples:
- Cryo Ray
- Gauss Charge
- Nivo Charge
- Cluster Bolt
- Auric Impulse, while not something you buy with green on the off turns, also helps out because you would otherwise end up floating a lot of gold on the off turns to buy the Iso Kronuses you want next turn. Auric Impulse is a strict improvement over floating 3 or more gold.
- Ebb Turbine, for the same reason as Auric Impulse.
- Oxide Mixer. A common issue with going Iso Kronus is that if you don't need your blue for a Wall, the only two options are waste it or buy a Steelsplitter (which isn't good because it's not an exhaust and so will only deal damage every other turn). Oxide Mixer provides a solution. Pixie can also function like this.
- Thermite Core (and to a lesser extent Auride Core) allows you to throw in some non-exhaust attackers without letting your damage be absorbed.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Prismata Game Analysis #4: How to Beat Iso Kronus, a video by Argeiphontes. (December 2nd, 2014)