Panel[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Deadeye Operative provides the unique Ability to take out your opponent's economy, being able to destroy three Drones per Operative regardless of any of your opponents blockers. Next to no other unit in the Random Set provides this ability with the exception of Apollo.
Deadeye Operative effective reduces Drone supply by 12, making it generally a must-buy in sets where you would normally want many more than 15 Drones. Remember that Deadeye Operatives can hit Drones, and ONLY Drones, thus Wild Drones, Vivid Drones, Trinity Drones, and Doomed Drones are immune to their Ability. Thus you should be careful about going for Deadeyes if your opponent could convert all of their Drones to some alternate econ unit before your Deadeyes run out of stamina.
Deadeye Operative is an econ unit, so it tends to be good in most of the same situations as lots of Drones - Doomed Mech or Energy Matrix probably means you should go for Deadeyes, for example. On the other hand, Feral Warden or Redeemer probably means you should not.
Openings[edit | edit source]
In sets where Deadeye Operatives look desirable, it is common for Player 1 to open with:
- DD + Deadeye Operative
And continue buying nothing but Drones, Engineers, and Deadeyes until all the Deadeyes have been bought.
Player 2's most common build is the following:
- DDE + Deadeye Operative
Player 2 can rush.
- Deadeye Operative +D
- Deadeye Operative +DD
- Deadeye Operative +DDE (Not often possible, enemy had often fired before)
Change log[edit | edit source]
- September 23rd, 2016
- June 10th, 2016
- February 17th, 2016
- Cost changed from 4 plus consuming a Steelsplitter to 5.
- HP decreased from 4 to 3.
- No longer attacks.
- Now blocks.
- No longer requires attack to be spent when sniping drones.
- October 15th, 2015
- March 11th, 2015
- Cost changed to 4 plus consuming a Steelsplitter.
- February 15th, 2015
- December 17th, 2014
- October 4th, 2014
External Links[edit | edit source]
- 2 New Units, 1 New Mechanic: Let’s see how you like the red dot!, a blog post by Will Ma. (October 3th, 2014)
- Unit of the week #2: Deadeye Operative, a discussion on Reddit. (January 25th, 2015)