Panel[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Borehole Patroller is a pretty low-impact unit, but is clearly worth getting in a few situations:
- As a first attacker in a set where you played a green & blue opening. Compared to Steelsplitter, the extra Pixie threatens to punish your opponent more if they fail to buy a Wall immediately. (The vigilant absorb also comes in handy often here.)
- As a more-efficient version of Steelsplitter in a set where you were forced to get several Blastforge for a heavy hitter like Odin or Apollo but now have nothing better to spend blue on.
- To defend against threatened damage and freeze, like a miniature Xeno Guardian. Using threat of attack is often an ok deal vs it though.
Borehole Patroller is extremely useful in Lancetooth games; rushing one as your first attacker gives you an immediate with which to buy a Lancetooth, and meanwhile the Borehole offers limited absorb so that you aren't punished as hard if you refuse to buy a Wall and your opponent decides to skip their Lancetooth.
Openings[edit | edit source]
If the best attacker is Borehole Patroller, a rush can be practical. Player 1:
- Borehole Patroller +D
- Borehole Patroller +BD
- Borehole Patroller +DD (WBD instead if enemy has it)
- Borehole Patroller +BD (Don't get W if enemy has 1 only)
Change log[edit | edit source]
- June 30th, 2015
- Added to the game.